PROFESSOR DR. VENKATESHWARLA RAMA RAJU
was born in India in 1965 did his B.Sc (Hon’s) with Electronics sciences as major subject in 1984 (OU), a B.Tech in Comp. Sci. & Engg with AI & Biomedical engineering as specialization from HCU in 1988. He then joined in Nepa Ltd (A public sector – Govt of India enterprise) Nepanagar (MP) and worked for an year or so.
Then he did his M.Tech Comp. Sci. & Technology – computer & systems sciences with specialization AI/Natural language processing (computing functional structures in lexical functional grammar) from JNU New Delhi, in 1992. He then went on to do a MS in Computer Language, Speech & Auditory processing from the University of Sheffield (England) UK in 1994-95 (there he spent a year and worked on Machine Translation on ILASH project, one of the EUROPE major research centre) he then joined on M.Phil in Biomedical signal processing at Leicester University Dept. of Engg (LUDE), Leicestershire (England), UK (1995-1997) The full profile is given below.
Engineering Academic records and Research projects undertaken independently and submitted the Synopsys, Thesis /Dissertation as part of the partial fulfillment of the requirement for the award of the Engg Academic degrees (in chronological order) and implemented successfully.
1. Ph.D. A study of Advanced Real-Time Multi-Channel EMG in Writer’s Cramp Signals
2. M.Phil. Analysis to develop IEMG Diagnostic Software Package
3. MS. Maxi project: Speech Technology and Personal Digital Assistants
4. MS Project: Specification, Design and development of Computational Lexicon
5. M.Tech NLP/MT: Computing Functional Structures in Lexical Functional Grammar (LFG)
6. B.Tech Major The Base-Line Survey Data of Flour sis Cases of Netherlands Assistance Project of Institute of Preventive Medicine (IPM)
7. B.Tech Minor Digital Computer Image Processing - Fundamental Operations on Binary Images Using Geometrical Properties and Topological networks
8. B.Sc. Ele. Electronics project at ECIL: Transistor characteristics and digital electronics
Academic Research projects undertaken and implemented independently-successfully:
Science Engineering & Technology Research projects undertaken and implemented in the following areas and fields of engg and medicine:
1. Neuromuscular Signal processing (computational neuroscience & cognitive system, computer science & biomedical engineering & neuroinformatics)
2. Biomedical signal processing (EMG Diagnostics)
3. AI/ Natural Language processing/ Lexical computation, machine translation
4. Speech Technology and Personal Digital Assistants
5. Biomedical electronics
6. Biomedical informatics
7. Computer digital image processing
Industrial/ R&D & Government Informatics projects:
1. AP-Cess Projects: Indian Council for Agricultural Research (ICAR), Ministry of Agriculture, Govt. of India, Krishi Bhavan, Parliament street, New Delhi.
2. Mega projects: Indian Agricultural Research Institute (IARI) Pusa, Ministry of Agriculture, Pusa, New Delhi
3. IAS Coordination Monitoring and Information System, Ministry of personnel, North Block, Parliament street, New Delhi
4. NIC-NET: National Informatics Centre – Net Work (satellite based computer communicational operational network), C.G.O. Complex, New Delhi
5. Ministry of pensions, pensioners and public grievances, Sardar Patel Bhavan, Cabinet Secretariate, parliament street, New Delhi
6. Department of planning, planning and statistics, ministry of planning, parliament street, New Delhi
7. Chief Election commission, Nirvachan Sadan, parliament street, New Delhi
8. Passport division, Ministry of external affairs, shastri bhavan, New Delhi
9. Delhi milk scheme : mega & major projects, ministry of agriculture, krishi bhavan, new delhi
10. Training division, NIC-NET, CGO Hqrts., New Delhi
11. Satellites, Communications and Radar division, Hqrts., NIC-NET, New Delhi.
12. Design and development of wind turbines and its feasibility study, HNL, Kottayam
Projects supervised independently
for M.Tech students : 82
MCA students : 32
B. Tech students : 400 (~ circa)
MBBS/MD students : 12
Research students : 05
Fellowships & Travel grants:
4th IEEE International Conference on Information Technology Applications in Biomedicine (ITAB) held in Birmingham (England), UK-2003 of IEEE (US)
British computing society (BCS) – UK
RIKEN Brain Science Institute, Riken, Japan
Indian academy of Neurology (IAN)
Neurological society of India NSI)
Institution of electrical & electronics Engg (IEEE), USA
Neurological society of Bangladesh (NSB), Dhaka
Indian Academy of Neurosciences & Biomedical Engg, NIMS, Hyderabad.
Fellow of NIMS University.
Publications/ journals/conference proceedings/technical papers/workshops/ symposiums, colloquiums, etc : 218
Various Awards received: Engg, Technology, science, literature, games & sports and athletics, swimming, mythology, etc.
Who-is-who in the world : Name entered in WW in the world, 2001, 2002, 2003, American bibliography
IEEE (USA), BCS (UK), LMISTE (I), LAMIAN, MNSI, MIBRO, MNBRC, TSNCM
Professional Memberships: LMISTE, MIEEE, MBCS, LAMIAN, MNSI, MTSNCI, MIBRO, MNBRCI
Fellowships: Fellow of International Brain Research Organization (IBRO) – Wanadoo (France)
Fellow of British Computing Society (BCS) UK, Chartered Engineer of Information Systems of BCS (UK)
Research Fellow of Indian Academy of Neurology, Fellow of NIMS Neuro
Best research fellow & research paper awardee (ICoPMD- Rome (Italy), June 13 – 17, 2004)
Reviewer of IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering Journals (USA)
Post Currently held:
PRINCIPAL/DIRECTOR, SVVSN Engineering College, Ongole, Prakasham
Principal/ Member Secretary (Sept. 2009 – present) & Professor of CSE, IT, Biomedical Electronics & Cognitive systems Engg & Head of CSE/IT,ECE Depts.
Responsibilities: Teaching and imparting technical training to the Engg students, conducting research, Administration planning, collation, etc.
Posts previously held in the capacity of Principal/ Director/ Vice-Principal/ Dean/ Professor/ Reader & Head of the Departments, consultant, etc.
1. PRINCIPAL/DIRECTOR, Pulipati Prasad Inst. of Technology & Science (PPIT), Sri Balaji nagar, Khammam
Principal/ Member Secretary (Sept. 2008 – Sept 2009) & Professor of CSE, IT, Biomedical Electronics & Cognitive systems Engg & Head of CSE/IT,ECE Depts.
Responsibilities: teaching, conducting research, Administration planning, collation, Teaching, etc.
2. Organization: Bomma Institute of Technology & Science, Allipuram (V.), KHAMMAM
Principal/ Member Secretary (May 2007 – Sept, 2008) & Professor of CSE/IT/ECE streams & Head of CSE/IT Depts.
Responsibilities: Teaching, conducting research, Administration planning, collation, Teaching, Entire control of the institute in the capacity of Principal.
3. Dr. Samuel George Institute of Engineering & Technology, George Town, Markapur,
Principal/Member Secretary, & Professor of CSE//ECE streams & Head of CSE/IT
Depts. (from Dec 2006 to May 2007)
4. Vivekananda Institute of Technology & Science, Godavarikhani, Ramagundam NTPC Karimnagar
Principal/Director/ Member Secretary (from April 2006 to Dec. 2006) & Professor of CSE/IT/ECE streams & Head of CSE/IT/ECE Depts.
5. Mother Theressa College of Engineering & Technology, Peddapally, Karimnagar
Principal/Member Secretary, & Professor of CSE/IT/ECE streams & Head of CSE/IT Depts.
(from May 2005 to April 2006)
6. Gokaraju Rangaraju Institute of Engineering & Technology, Hyderabad
Professor of CSE/IT/ECE streams, Dean & Director & Head of Biomedical Engineering
(from 2002 to 2004)
7. SHADAN Institute of Engineering & Technology, Peerancheru, Hyderabad
Professor & Head of CSE/IT/ECE streams, Inch-Principal/Member Secretary
8. Padmabhushan Dr. B.V.Raju Institute of Technology & Science (Dr. BVRIT), Narsapur, Medak
Professor & Head of CSE/IT/ECE streams, Dean, Director & Head of Biomedical Engineering
9. Osmania University College of Engineering, Osmania University, Tarnaka, HYDERABAD.
Professor of BME/CSE/ECE streams, Director & Head-Biomedical Engg (from1997-98)
10. Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University (JNTU), Kukatpally, HYDERABAD.
Visiting Professor of Computer Science & Engineering & Electronics & Communication Engineering (in between 1999 to 2002 handled subjects like Artificial Intelligence & Expert Systems Engg to regular B.Tech & Part time M.Tech (PTPG) courses in CSE Dept.)
11. Indian Institute of Science (IISc.)/ TATA Institute, Malleswaram, BANGALORE in Association with the National Institute of Mental health & Neurosciences (NIMHANS) – The world famous institutes of ASIAN continent.
Assistant Professor/ Senior Project Scientist – Computers (from 1997-1997)
12. Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) New Delhi
Project Scientist with Professor Dr. Sujoy Kumar Guha (the Homi Baba Awardee) the Centre for Biomedical Engineering worked on Biomedical signal processing in particular electro-bio-myo-graphic signal processing under the Department of Electrical Engineering (both EEE & ECE Depts.) from Feb 1997 – April 1997
Total experience : 23Yrs.
Publications : more than 200 papers (scientific/research technical experimental) published in various international & national journals/ transactions/ conference proceedings/ colloquiums/ workshops/ symposiums/
Number of Books written: 6, 2 are under publication
IEEE Conference proceedings (Information Technology Applications in Biomedicine – ITAB)
Compiled/ Edited: 4 Volumes: Vol. I, II, III, IV.
Conferences/Colloquiums/Symposiums/Workshops/World Congress (International): More than 90.
Subjects handled : Almost all subjects of CSE/IT streams & ECE & Biomedical for B.Tech/BE/ME/MTech/MCA students.